This post made me
say growl YESSSSS.
For example, #12.
It’s not just the waiting. It’s the heat (often) and the lack of cell service or wifi (always). The lack of available seating (sometimes) and the not-afraid of humans rats, particularly at First Avenue (far too often).
I would add:
24. Subway escalators that are broken more often than functioning. Especially at Grand Central. You’re walking up to them thinking “why so slow, people?” only to get to the escalator and realize it’s not moving and you just have shiny, uneven steps instead.
25. Subway elevators that, when they exist, always smell bad and register temps in the 90-100 degree range.
26. Subway stations without escalators OR elevators such as Bedford’s L station. That way I feel like a jerk for not helping someone traveling solo with a baby stroller. But do you remember how clumsy I am?
27. Apartments with nasty kitchens including those old timey stoves/ovens.
28. Restaurant menus littering my apartment building hallways.
New Yorkers, what drives you mad about our mostly-awesome city?