When the weekend rolls around, I’m excited for several things.
I know chefs like Anthony Bourdain hate brunch but it’s one of my favorite weekend indulgences and I’m not about to quit it.
These are a few of my favorite brunches in NYC.
- Pies-n-Thighs (Williamsburg). My favorite is the chicken biscuit, it’s all great. Just plan to nap afterward. You’ll be full and sleepy.
- Sweet Chick (Williamsburg). I always intend to have dessert. Not once have I managed to save room. Get the chicken & waffles.
- Roberta’s (Bushwick). Covered here.
- Spring Natural Kitchen (Upper West Side). My favorite little boy, his mom and I like to go to this spot. Can’t go wrong with any of the pancake or French toast options.
I also have some brunches I’m eager to try.
- Northern Spy Food Company (East Village). I’ve never had pork sticky rolls. It’s time.
- Jacob’s Pickles (Upper West Side). I’ll have to go with a gang so I can try something from each menu section. (update: it’s awesome)
- Preserve24 (East Village). Some people are sick of salted caramel but I’m not one of them. Bring on these pancakes!
- Sarabeth’s (several locations). Not sure how I haven’t made it to this brunch staple.
- Tink’s (East Village). The struggle would be to choose just one entree.
What’s your favorite brunch spot where you live?