NYCEditorGal (not her real name, obviously) is a real live book editor living working and living in – you guessed it! – New York City. Between her book chat, Bachelor viewing and Life in NYC tweets, I feel like I already know her. Hopefully we’ll meet soon.
Have you ever HATED a book? You know from past posts that I have.
But the first book I can remember ever truly feeling mad about came much earlier in life.
Thanks to an October birthday and my elementary school’s rules for kindergarten enrollment, I was one of the youngest members of my class throughout my education. As a result, I was always among the smallest in stature, but my personality was pretty large. I was a pure extrovert. Continue reading →
I reached out to lovely Allison Winn Scotch about an update to her Twitter Spotlight from September 19, 2012. She kindly obliged.
Here are a few things that have happened since the last time I stopped by:
1) Oh, ain’t no thang, but I have a new book out called THE THEORY OF OPPOSITES, and it just so happens that Jennifer Garner has optioned the rights to make the movie. Like I said, just, you know, your everyday, run-of-the-mill news.
I loathe this book and yet I forced myself to finish. Do you do that too?
After I finally finished the book (and it felt like ages), I googled the title and the author to see what other people thought. I quickly got the sense that people who liked it didn’t look much past the apparently still-titillating notion of a relationship between two women. I say this because few people commented on the god-awful writing, and the huge holes in both plot and character.
An alumni web site delivered the news: an acquaintance from Cornell named BrendaJanowitz is now the author of several books including Recipe for a Happy Life and the upcoming New Adult novelThe Lonely Hearts Club from Polis Books.
How was your weekend? Here are five things I did this weekend.
1. Walked Brooklyn Flea, hoping to see what Recycled Brooklyn had on offer. Unfortunately they had next to nothing displayed. Yep, I’m still hunting for the perfect sofa table. Instead of furniture, I saw lots of overalls.
2. Finished this stupid book. I disliked the book so much that you may get a full post about it.
4. Watched Breaking Bad. I have been binging on the show for about three weeks now. Know how I hate when people say “I’m obsessed!”? Well, I am. My goal is to catch up in time to see the last episode or two in real time. Only problem? The series finale airs opposite the Homeland season 3 premiere.
5. Took this picture. My intent (honest) was to capture the art staring at me while I worked on blog posts but instead I captured a moment. So much to discuss, right?