You know I hate that word, obsessed. But I didn’t know how to give this post a catchy, make-you-want-to-read-it title without including obsession.
And it’s not an addiction like the TV show. I will never ever eat the stuffing of a couch cushion–promise.
My weird thing to do is this: when I see a tiny sink in a New York City restaurant, I take a picture, often with my free hand in the pic for scale.
Motorino, East Village
Things get on my nerves. Specifically, I’m talking about word trends. Expressions.
Does that make me an irritable brat? Perhaps.
Here’s a list of phrases I’d ban if I were the boss of everything.
- I DIE. Because you didn’t. You’re still here and tweeting. I see you in my timeline–at least for now.
- Rise and grind. On my grind. Anything grind unless you’re talking about coffee beans.
- All of the… Give me ALL OF THE COFFEE. I have ALL OF THE FEELS. That.
- I can’t. Even though sometimes there’s really no more applicable phrase.
- Obsessed. You probably just really like it.
- This _____ is everything. This cookie is everything. This picture is everything.
- My ovaries are exploding. If that really happened, I think you’d be in far too much pain to tweet, right?
I realize that soon I will hate every word and phrase. The world might even fall silent. Is that such a bad thing?
What word or phrase would you ban?