You may have read this list elsewhere. However, this is an edited version with new! exciting! items. OK?
Some things are hard to explain to Kenyan teenagers.
- The subway
- A dog as a pet versus one who herds cows, goats and sheep
- A dog wearing a coat made for a dog
- Snow (which is how I ended up showing them the picture above in the first place)
- Why I have pictures of food in my phone
- Being child-less and husband-less
- Not living with my parents (which is where Kenyan singles live)
- Being an only child – polygamy is the norm, as are large families
- Same-sex marriage
You might get it back in
March April NYC is expecting another 4-6 inches of snow overnight. Continue reading
As much as I love New York and am still ecstatic to be living here again, I’d be lying if I said it’s a hard place to dwell sometimes.
On a rainy day when something has gone wrong with the subway, and there are no cabs to be found, crying seems like a perfectly appropriate response.
But we deal. And sometimes buy ourselves bodega flowers.
Spotted at the Upper West Side location of Gracious Home.